Open to persons who are an employee of a business or corporation that provides building design services and is in the control of a Full or Chartered Member of BDAA. An Applicant must include a letter or email on company letterhead from the Full or Chartered Member employer confirming this. This is in addition to the requirements listed below.
Please note that business partners are not eligible to be a Practice Member, they must apply to be a Full or Chartered Member.
In the event of a cessation of such employment or business arrangement described above, the Practice Member must advise the BDAA immediately upon this occurring and will be required to upgrade to an Associate or Full Membership at the next renewal period.
To make an Application for a Practice Membership, the following items are required to be submitted with the online Full Membership Application:
- In some states, to practice as a Building Designer, a License or being Registered is a mandatory requirement. In this instance, all that is required to be submitted with online application for Full Membership, is a copy of that current License or Registration.
- Proof of 12 months participation in an approved CPD Program
If you do not hold a current License or Registration, the following documentation is required to be submitted with your online Full Membership Application:
- Full working drawings and specifications of two recently completed projects that were authored by the Applicant or carried out under the Applicant’s direct supervision
- Completed Declaration of Authorship (which can be found in Becom a Member on our website
- Evidence of completion of appropriate tertiary qualifications in architectural technology or approved equivalent
- Evidence of a minimum of two years’ experience in the building design profession. This can be supplied in the way of a short resume outlining your experience.
- Certificate of Currency of Professional Indemnity Insurance
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE ONLINE AT: www.bdaa.com.au
(No other forms of Application will be accepted)