August 1, 2019| $88
Specifications: Overview, Production & Word Processing
This seminar provides an introduction to specification writing, and covers the detailed use of SPECbuilder Live (for use on all operating systems) and Microsoft Word in specification writing, using NATSPEC and/or AUS-SPEC Templates.
Pre-course requirements None.
Who should attend Prospective and new specification writers and any administration staff wanting to learn more about SPECbuilder Live and Microsoft Word.
An overview of the role of specifications as a tool for:
– Quality management
– Project management
– Risk management
An overview of SPECbuilder Live – NATSPEC’s online specification compilation software:
– Developing the first draft
– Inserting and deleting worksections
– Creating office edited worksections
– Merging documents
An overview of Microsoft Word in the final specification production:
– Master documents and subdocuments
– Trade packaging
– Templates, styles and formatting
– Table of contents
– Using Hidden text
– Headers and footers
Benefits for participants
- Save time and effort in drafting specifications
- Be compliant with professional accreditation regarding specifications
- Learn about the features of Microsoft Word that are necessary when working with large documents
Benefits for the organisation
- Improved specifications leading to better project outcomes
- Reduced risk to organisations
- Reduced time spent on writing specifications using SPECbuilder Live, Microsoft Word and office edited worksections
- Streamlining specificaton procedures within an organisation, improving efficiency
- Confidently use SPECbuilder Live to create a draft specification
- Understand and edit the NATSPEC Template
- Better understanding of Microsoft Word in relation to large documents
Seminar presenter Jocelyn Holley is the Development Manager for NATSPEC and has had over 20 years experience in producing project specifications for architects and developing the National Master Specification.
CPD Points: 2 hours formal points upon completion of a self-assessed questionnaire.
Cost: $88.00 Duration: 2 hours
For more information’s please visit this link NATSPEC Professional Development Brochure