Open to persons who can provide evidence of experience, qualifications and knowledge as a Building Designer and maintains the currency of suitable Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance. Full Members are required to participate in the BDAA CPD program annually, or alternatively meet the CPD requirements of their state licensing/registration authority for Building Design or Architecture.
To make an application for Full Membership, the following items are required to be submitted with the online Full Membership Application form:
- In some states, to practice as a Building Designer, a License or being Registered is a mandatory requirement. In this instance all that is required to be submitted with online application for Full Membership, is a copy of that current License or Registration and current certificate of Currency of Professional Indemnity Insurance.
If you do not hold a current License or Registration, the following documentation is required to be submitted with your online Full Membership Application:
- Full working drawings and specifications of two recently completed projects that were authored by the Applicant or carried out under the Applicant’s direct supervision.
- Completed Declaration of Authorship (which can be found in Become a Member on our website).
- Evidence of completion of appropriate tertiary qualifications in architectural technology or approved equivalent.
- Evidence of a minimum of two years’ experience in the building design profession. This can be supplied in the way of a short resume outlining your experience.
- Certificate of Currency of Professional Indemnity Insurance.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE ONLINE AT: www.bdaa.com.au
(No other forms of Application will be accepted)