Recent research delivered through Green Builder Media’s COGNITION Smart Data indicates that the three variables most associated with green and sustainable building practices are indoor air quality (IAQ), building design practices, and top quality construction. Also under consideration are factors that include renewable energy, durability, and low maintenance.
According to Green Builder Media’s CEO Sara Gutterman, the formula for green building consists of what’s best for the environment–indoor and outdoor—through the application of tested building and design methods, and enhanced quality.
Dunn-Edwards, a revolutionising pioneer in sustainable paint technology, has achieved the green value equation trilogy of IAQ, building and design excellence, and quality. The company is known among painting contractors, builders, and consumers for its paint products, customer service, and environmental commitment. Companies like Dunn-Edwards offer surefire green solutions, including coatings that are low- or no-VOC. And the company as a whole maintains a flawless track record of waste reduction, recycling, and innovation that includes no harmful chemicals in the environmental equation.
Overall, Gutterman says that both trade and consumer customers are seeking healthier, higher performance homes and buildings, thus reinforcing the precepts and mission of the Green Equation.
Green Builder Media presents demonstrative case studies of the green value equation trilogy at work. The most recent study, featuring Dunn-Edwards, is available for free download here. This document conveys the details of high-level corporate initiatives and detailed product specs from this pioneering paint company, including:
- How environmentally sound paints and coatings preserve the built environment,
- Specs regarding an ultra-low VOC enamel interior/exterior that shines through with an oil-like finish and is applied as a direct-to-metal coating,
- Facts regarding a zero VOC self-priming 100% acrylic paint line intended for upscale design projects,
- Suggestions on how high-performance and low-VOC products can be blended into the same design,
- How paint makers can aid building professionals, builders and consumers with performance and air quality concerns.