Open to all persons employed in the building design profession who do not meet the criteria for Full Membership.
The cost to join as an Associate Member is $395.00 per annum (including GST).
To be eligible for Associate Membership, the online application must include the completed Associate Membership Declaration Form, which can be found in Become a Member tab on our website: www.bdaa.com.au.
Where a practicing building designer, who does not meet the criteria for Full Membership, joins as an Associate Member, they are required to upgrade to Full Membership, once they reach the criteria, or after one full year of Associate Membership, whichever occurs first. This upgrade will be required to be done at the next renewal period after their initial 12 months. Failure to do so may see the termination of membership.
An Associate Member who is working in the building design or building industry but is not practising as a building designer, may remain as an Associate Member and not be required to upgrade.
Once a Student Member of BDA Australia, completes their studies and begins practicing as a Building Designer, either as a sole trader or an employee, they must upgrade to Associate Membership. They must remain at Associate Membership level for at least two years, to enable the former Student Member to obtain the two year experience required for Full Membership, or until they meet the criteria for Full Membership.
Associate Members are entitled to the following:
- Eligibility to attend at BDA Australia events which includes the very popular and educational Annual National Conference at a discounted member’s rate
- Attend at local Chapter Meetings and at any Chapter Meeting throughout Australia
- Eligibility to participate in BDA Australia’s national online Chat Group which is exclusive to members only
- Receive BDA Australia’s weekly Industry Report
- Receive a copy of the eTrends magazine
- Receive a copy of the annual Winning Design magazine
- A login to the members area of the website: www.bdaa.com.au
- Will be provided notices outlining new laws, regulations and products
Associate Members are not entitled to the following:
- Vote or hold a Chapter Council Management Committee position
- Not eligible to hold a position on the National Council of BDA Australia
- Associate Members will not have access to the BDA Australia Practice Notes
- Associate Members are not eligible to use the BDA Australia Logos or other items deemed unavailable by the National Committee, developed by BDA Australia for the exclusive use for Chartered Members, Full Members or Full Practice Members.
ALL UPGRADE APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE ONLINE AT: www.bdaa.com.au
(No other forms of Application will be accepted)